Monday, January 17, 2005

Sorry for the long delay on updates. It was a long week and a long weekend. Work was kind of frustrating, I was learning a new language and a brand new web server system at the same time. And I couldn't get Visual Studio Pro set up so that I could look at ASP files. It turns out that I had to install IIS on my own computer before I could do any editing. And when I finally did get it set up I had to wade through it and see what in the world was going on. It was quite frustrating. And on top of that I couldn't sleep very well. I started to catch cold, and so I got some NyQuill and knocked myself out. I'm starting to get more into the swing of things now. But by the weekend I was extremely busy. I only got to see Kate once before she left for Blacksburg. And I was so tired that all I really felt like doing was sitting around. We watched Leon which is a good one. Kate really gets in to the movies which is fun. You'd think she would watch more, I guess I should give her a list of good ones that she can get in to. On Friday night I kinda moped around wishing I had something to do. Ox was playing his game again and then he went out with some friends. On Saturday I just slept until I was ready to get up, it was very nice. My parents wanted to have my birthday party on Sunday afternoon instead of Saturday night. So I went and hung out with the girls on Saturday evening. They wanted to go bowling for some reason. I didn't bowl because I hate bowling. But I did get to see some of the games on the TV. The playoffs are the most exciting football games of the year.

On Sunday I went to church with the family. It's weird being there, I don't know half of the people. And the ones I do know have grown a lot. We came back and watched football. Betsy and T came over but they were tolerable. The dinner was nice, and the football was cool. Michelle was all over me, I didn't think that she would miss me that much since I hardly saw her when I was around. Oh well, who knew. I got some nice gifts for my birthday. Some driving gloves, a cook book, some lotion for my face, and Betsy gave me some money. I'm going to send her a gift certificate as soon as I start getting paid. Which thankfully will be on the 28th. Today Ken came back and I figured out how some stuff is going to go. Basically I need to learn ASP.NET really really fast. Because they are getting ready to start a really complicated and high profile project that will be really intense. I hope I'm ready for it. But I guess it wouldn't be worth doing if it was completely easy. I went and ran errands today. And I actually bought the PDA with Kates Christmas money. I decided to go with the iPaq because it has built in wireless internet as well as blue tooth. And there is a program that will sync your Windows Mobile PDA with your Mac. Unfortunately the screen was messed up and I have to take it back. I went and did a lot of grocery shopping so that I have food. And I will have some for next week after I get back. I'm going out of town for work on Wednesday. And I'll get back sometime on Friday, then turn around and leave for Ice Castles that night. And get back Sunday after practice if there is one. And I will be exhausted and in no mood to go shopping. well that's all for now, I'll post again soon. But I can't garauntee when.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home