Wednesday, August 11, 2004

I almost did it, I almost got sucked back into the theatre. But in the end there was just no way I could see doing it halfway. While I was at work today I got a call from Robin Russel wanting me to help out backstage. She originally told me that Amy had enough people, and her plea on the phone was "we need people who have done this kind of thing before." And while that was really flattering, it's not realistic for me to try and be of any help. I did promise to come to the theater and see what was going on. When I got there Mark the pizza guy(he's the producer, but he also runs Pizza Hut) was on the back dock making something. He looked up and saw me and asked if I was here to save the day. I laughed and said no, but it scared me that a simple tech crew guy could save the day. I saw Amy, who was stressed tight as a wire as usual, Anna who was in charge of props but had been drafted to be Amy's bitc....er I mean tech crew. I saw Eric again, and his kids. I love his wife she's such a trip. She has almost as much sarcasm as me, which is nothing to sneeze at. I saw Dennis who did the choreography this year, he's just as enthusiastic as ever. And last but not least I saw Jessi. I didn't even know she was back in town. A bunch of us were talking backstage in the 'dungeon' and aparently she hasn't changed a bit. Big news.....she's pregnant.....again! OK please someone tell her to STOP HAVING UNPROTECTED SEX!!!! She of all people doesn't need to be reproducing. She went on and on about living in Richmond and going to VCU. VCU, she didn't like it....she just...."didn't like it." And while she liked living in the big city she complained that it was dirty and hot. Not like New York at all. Someone made the comment that NY was pretty dirty and smelly too. Her response? "Yeah but Ricmond doesn't have that sparkle to cover all that up. I need sparkle, I NEED sparkle in my life". It was all I could do to keep from laughing in her face. She has lived on her own, she has attended two respectable universities, she has lived with her boyfriend, she has lived in a cast house for a theatre company and she still can't see that there's more to life than 'sparkle'. She still needs to feel special and pretty and sparkly to be happy. If she hasn't figured out what it's like in the real world by now then she probably won't ever. I was just sitting there going "omg I dated that, I touched that, I was seen in public with that".......................OK I'm back, I have now conqured my gag reflex. But only for the moment so I will change the subject.
Jose Lima won again tonight. He's having a career year, and the Dodgers after trading for Adrian Beltre have a chance to get to the post season. Baseball this year is a lot of fun. There is finally the kind of parity in the league that makes for plenty of good competition. The Brewers can still challenge the Yankees with a payroll that is about the size of Alex Rodriguez's yearly salary. It's fun again. I'm rooting for the Cubs and the Red Sox, but they won't make it because.....they're the Cubs and the Red Sox lol. I went and got one of the new Moolatte's from Dair Queen today. It was rather tasty I must say. But it was also $3.50. I have to stay away from that kind of thing, it is just way to tempting. Tomorrow I'm going to have coffee with my Dad. I'm less annoyed this time around because I want to talk to him about a few things and I was the one who asked him when we could do it. It will probably be like normal. Me saying something and then him saying it back to me over and over as if trying to convince me of it. But hey that's the way it goes sometimes. I hope I don't do that to people a lot. Wow this post sounds a lot more depressing than I feel right now. I guess that means it's time to go to bed. Ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home