Friday, August 13, 2004

A lot has happend since I posted last, well not that much but some things that are fun and interesting. Well maybe just interesting.....or not. If you aren't interested then you don't have to waste time here. But if you are then stay tuned. Wendesday night and Thursday morning were really interesting. I worked until 10 on Wednesday, actually I stayed later watching ESPN but that's not important. The important thing is that the Engineering department put up a lot of money, over 100k, for a "state-of-the-art" teleconferencing classroom. And they are just finishing it this week. Guess who has to support it? If you said VBS then you get a prize(which isn't anything at all so it didn't matter if you guessed or not). And it is a new kind of room, it uses IP technology instead of ATM. Which doesn't need to mean anything to you other than it's less reliable. So on Thursday morning we had to go over to the room for "training". We actually found a few glitches in the program they wrote for us, and we solved some problems that we knew proffessors would bring up. And when I say 'we' I mean Ludwig, Joe, and I. NOT Nancy who was trying to make mountains out of mole hills as usual. We ignored her and put the room through it's paces. It has some reliablility issues that are going to give us headaches during the semester. But I don't want to whine about that right now, especially since most of my headaches will come from Nancy. The bad thing about it was that I got off at 10 and had to be in the office at 8 the next morning. It wasn't that bad, I had my coffee(the mics in the classroom are on the ceiling so we can have drink in the classroom). But the guy who designed the room was there 'training' us. He was a contractor type person so he didn't work for any of the company's who supplied us with the equipment. So he was 'training' us and acting a lot like a used car salesman when talking about all the features. Which didn't impress Ludwig and I and we basically figured it out on our own. The other bad thing is that because he and his company designed it and built it for us there was very little documentation on the equipment. So if we have a problem there will be very little 'looking it up' and a lot of 'let's try this and see if it works' kind of thing. Oh well, Nancy needs something to stress about I guess. It was nice to work with Ludwig again. We had a good time joking and working together. Also Eric was over at the room for a while. I talked to him about My Fair Lady, he said that the tech crew really needs to take stuff seriously and pull it together. He said that they really did need me because they had a shortage of quality tech guys. But he said that it should come off ok.
I got of work on Thursday at 5 and went straight home. It was really really weird to be at home that early. I finally switched my bed out with the new one. At's a full size bed as opposed to a double. I think it's the same size as the one Kate has at home. At first it looked like it might not happen. I took my bed down and went to get the frame for the new one. And it turns out that it's an old frame from a different bed. It's an antique I think, it looked antique and was really really dirty. And they only had the headboard and foot of it......no rails. I had to rig the rails from my old bed up on this one. It was rough the boxsprings almost didn't fit. I eventually got it though and now I have a huge bed and it's really comfortable. My back has to get used to it I think. I woke up today and my back hates me a lot! I still have to get sheets for it too, I just used blankets last night.
After I set up my bed last night I went shopping and got some toiletries. Oh and I found a cool shirt for $6, that I think will make Kates head hurt. I can't wait to wear it for her(only one more week!!!!). While I was shopping I got a call from Julie. She asked me for some help in taking care of the duck pond demo. She sounded really down, so I rented Blue Collar Comedy tour and went over to her place. While we watched it I had fun laughing at her when she started crying because her little brother had seen this. She can't get it through her head that he's growing up and wants to date. Turns out I was right she was kinda down. But not for the reason that I thought. It turns out that Jay took her out to dinner for her birthday. And while they were out he jokingly admitted to the waitress that he was using her birthday as an excuse to take her out to dinner. Aparently she didn't know that he had a crush on her. It was fairly obvious to me and I had actually mentioned it to her at one point but she laughed it off. Then to add to her angst, EricIan called her and said he picked up a birthday cake for her on his way home from work and could he bring it over. He has one of his passive agressive crushes on her too. We talked about it for a while and she is really torn up about it. She is a naturally flirtatious girl and hates to hurt guys by turning down their unwanted attention. Which explains why she is always so guarded and self-concious. This is the kind of thing that I'm afraid will happen to Lil Kate. She'll be so flirtatious and physically affectionate that someone will fall for he,r and it'll hurt her when she sees how much it hurts them when she tells them that she was just being friendly.
This morning I got to sleep in because I didn't have to go to work, and all the guys left the house early. I didn't wake up until 12ish, I know that Kate will probably pound me for saying that.
All the news today is centered around the New Jersey Governer coming out of the closet and resigning. In my opinion that is the ultimate infidelity, cheating on your wife with another man. The bad part is that he ran one of most corrupt administrations in history, and when it was about to blow up on him he uses this as his way out of a mess. The news people are calling him brave, but I think he's just selfish and disgusting. He didn't seem sorry for what he'd done to his wife, and he def wasn't sorry for the corruption he foisted on the people of NJ. I think that gay people everywhere should be pissed at him for using his homosexuality as a screen for political scandal. And that's my two cents. Tomorrow I am going to a breakfast with Senator George Allen. It's at 8 in the morning, but I'm hoping to get enough coffee to wake me up and enjoy myself. Oh I can't remember if I talked about his on my blog or not but I was on a Nationally syndicated radio show the other day. It's the Jerry Doyle show from LA. He was talking about dating or marrying a person of the opposite political party. So I called him up and he put me on and we talked about when I dated Amber. The thing that he focused on was that while the relationship was going good she was were willing to listen and we would try to understand where we were coming from. But when it got rocky I was a bigot, stodgy and full of hate. It was fun and there was like a 30sec delay on the the radio, so after I hung up I turned on the radio and heard that last part of it again. I sound a lot different on the radio than I thought I would. But I guess everyone probably does. Well that's all for now, I have to take care of somethings before I go to bed early(yeah right) so I can get up early tomorrow morning. More later. Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home