Monday, August 16, 2004

I am almost ready to swear off Starbucks. Almost. They really need to hire some baristas with intelligence. I went to get a cup of coffee on Sunday and I said I wanted a "grande cafe americano - black". Now in case you don't know what black is; it's a color that your coffee appears when you don't put any crap in it(crap = cream, sugar, milk, soy etc). I swear to God the barista looked at me after I said this and asked "do you want me to leave room for cream?" Am I the crazy one here? Do other people make their coffee black by putting cream in it? I should probably support local coffee shops anyway, so I think I'm going to stick to those from here on out.
Blacksburg is finally starting to come alive. And by alive I mean it's harder to park, there are more people walking across roads trying to read directions instead of watching for cars, and I actually have work to do for the 8 hours I'm here at the office. It's good because more things are happening and it won't be so boring. Bad because everything will be more high strung and nobody will remember what a relaxing three months we had. Good because Kate will be coming back!!! Bad because about 20,000 idiots will be coming with her. Speaking of which Brian talked to me today. Just randomly out of the blue started telling me about his summer. I wasn't really that interested, but he wasn't one of the assholes last year so I didn't feel the need to tell him to bugger off. Kate's at shooting camp this week so she probably won't get a chance to read this, but I'm going to write every day anyway because I'm starting to enjoy it. Well it's 5 so I'm going to head out. I'm going to Rugged Warehouse to get the other part of the outfit I'm going to use to hurt Kate's head with(in the good way). Ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home